According to a recent study conducted by Clockwork Recruiting, analyzing over 23,000 anonymized retained Executive Search projects between January 2015 and August 2018, the global average placement rate for the retained executive search industry is 71%. Frankly, we find that success rate abysmal.
By comparison, S&C’s cumulative placement rate is 93%.
Retention rates for those placements within their organizations can be another metric of success. While at a certain point, a person’s departure has little to do with the search firm’s efforts, we believe it’s worth at least monitoring a one-year horizon. For S&C’s executive searches, an average of 97% of our placements are still with their organizations after the first year.
Emphasis on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Schaffer&Combs, we fundamentally believe that organizations with more diverse representation achieve greater results. While this belief is easy to espouse, S&C actually manifests the principle in many real ways — we have hosted executive leadership panel discussions on the subject; we have been entrusted to place executive leaders in a number of organizations that have the explicit missions of promoting equity and diversity; and we are deliberate and intentional in our efforts to attract a diverse pool of talent to all of our listed roles.
In the spirit of transparency and continuous improvement, we believe that our recent placement record serves as a reflection of our commitment to strengthening diversity among our clients. Since 2015: approximately two-thirds of S&C’s hired finalists have been women, one-third have been people of color, and one-quarter of have been women of color. Although the above is merely a sampling of many possible metrics, Schaffer&Combs is resolved to promoting workplace diversity in all its forms.
*Statistics as of 07/19 data
Recently Placed Professionals
Spotlight on a Few of S&C’s Recently Placed ProfessionalsSee Profiles
- “I have to say, that after interviewing the first three candidates, I want to hire them all. I thought I’d like #1 the best, but not true. They’re all so good so far that I’m almost upset that there’s not a clear winner. Such a problem!! FABULOUS work, and so many thanks – You guys killed it.”
- “Darn you people, you are just too good at this. I really like both [top finalists]…By the way, [one finalist] commented that she is recruited often and she thinks S&C is exceptional compared with other search firms.”
- “I can’t tell you how good it feels to have [our new executive] here! He is diving in deep and it is already apparent that he is exactly what we need to help launch us successfully into this new phase. He will be a valued member of our leadership team and is an overall great fit for our organization. Great job to Schaffer&Combs! Many, many thanks!”
- “Thank you and the team for all your great work. Greatly appreciated… we will always have a need for S&C.”
- “This is definitely one of the best selection processes I’ve gone through.”
- “S&C has been so great through the whole search process, and I wanted to say thanks for being so supportive and helpful during the process.”
- “You all are a very different type of firm. That was very clear in the content and manner of our conversations. All of the staff I encountered were excellent. Please do keep in touch.”