Without cogent strategies that enjoy broad internal consensus, few organizations manage to achieve their goals.
There are thousands of strategists in the marketplace. But excellence requires both science and art. You don't jump straight to strategy. You analyze the ecosystem with rigor, pressure test goals until they squeak, measure gaps, and only then, set strategy. You then ensure that strategy flows seamlessly downstream to tactics. As difficult as it is to acquire technical expertise in this discipline, that is actually the simpler part. You have to combine skill with judgment and experience to offer clients the complete package.
SOLVES FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Shrinking or plateauing of revenue
- Lack of cohesion between board and/or management team
- Outdated mission, purpose or products
- Big goals, but not sure how to get there
S&C’s technical approach rests on four pillars:
- Strong research and analysis: we get to know your organization intimately
- Dedication to stakeholder engagement: we bring in as many voices as possible
- A phased, disciplined process: we identify external landscapes, internal capacities, goals, gaps, and metrics before we begin setting strategies
- Judgment and experience: We’ve created and executed hundreds of strategies, as consultants and operators. We ensure that strategies are practicable by keeping implementation and execution in mind at every moment
The latter bullet point helps describe the art of strategic planning. A framework is necessary, but its successful use requires judgement and experience. S&C principles have led and managed for profits, start-ups, nonprofits and philanthropies. We listen well. We are prudent, but know how to manage risk. We become your partners for the time it takes to set your organization up for success.